The Indonesian Province of the Carmelite Order
The Indonesian Province of the Carmelite Order is a religious community in the Church, inspired by the spirit of the prophet Elijah and the Virgin Mary Mother of Carmel, living from the Word and trying to discover the presence of God in this world through prayer, fraternity and service, in accordance with the dynamics of the Indonesian culture.
The Indonesian Province of the Carmelite Order aims to
- become a contemplative fraternal Carmelite community that serves the people,
- share its contemplation (living in God’s presence and seeing everything with the eyes of God) with others,
- build an inclusive fraternity with the people of God, in both the base communities and the parish as a whole, and with the people from different religious groups.
- participate in services, especially for the poor and the marginal, and to realize the prophetic call in justice and peace,
- promote and develop fraternal groups of prayers through establishing Lectio Divina groups and spreading the devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, and
- promote the Carmelite Laity.